The sound environment effects every part of our daily lives. Whether controlling the negative aspects of noise or enhancing and creating positive sounds, CDC can provide a wide range of acoustic services to Cities, Masterplans, buildings and the natural environment. Our team has a large degree of experience in supporting our Clients from early stage feasibility studies, through straight forward and complex planning applications, creative acoustic design input and ensuring that our Clients projects are signed off and operated in line with the acoustic aspirations for the project.
Our services include:
- Sound Insulation Testing in Accordance with Approved Document E of the Building Regulations
- Acoustic Design Support through all RIBA Stages 1-7
- Noise & Vibration Surveys
- Feasibility Studies to Support Site Suitability
- Sound & Vibration Assessments to Support Planning
- Acoustic Support to Achieve Environmental Accreditation such as BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes, Quality Home Mark, LEED or others.
- Construction Phase Support
- Commissioning Tests
- Ongoing Support when Buildings are Operational, such as Long-Term Monitoring, Compliance Testing or Comfort Studies
- Digital Acoustic Modelling of Internal Spaces.
- Digital Noise Mapping of External Areas
- Public Address & Voice Alarm System Design
- Noise at Works Assessments
An effective fire strategy is essential to the design of masterplans and buildings, both new build and refurbishments. Our experienced team of fire engineers will offer technical support throughout site selection, planning, design and commissioning stages to ensure compliance to British or NFPA Standards. In coordination with the design team we will develop options for engineered fire solutions to maximise potential for land usage.
Our services include:
- Fire Strategy Development and Advice
- Fire Engineering Support through all RIBA Stage 1-7
- Fire Engineering Support to Achieve Fire Code Compliance
- Fire Protection Advice.
- Fire Engineering Solutions
- Fire Safety Management Plan Development
- CFD Modelling & Advice
- Evacuation Modelling & Advice
- Fire Risk Assessment and Audits
- Fire Training
BIM INTEGRATION &
Our technical outputs are always supported by clear, concise fire engineering and acoustic drawings. These drawings are a key element to our project delivery and help to communicate our design strategies for a wide range of projects.
In addition to this, Cahill Design Consultants can also provide Acoustic and Fire Engineering design elements within the BIM environment, to assist with the overall delivery of BIM projects.